How does a pregnancy test work?
Pregnancy tests detect a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in your urine. This hormone is only found in urine if a woman is pregnant or recently miscarried.
Does your clinic have a medical license?
Marin Pregnancy Clinic is a state-licensed prenatal clinic located in Novato, California. We have professional, state-licensed doctors and nurses on staff.
What can I expect as a patient?
We offer the following services:
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal care until the 28th week of pregnancy
- Ultrasounds for our patients
- CA Prenatal Screening Program (genetic testing)
- STD/STI testing and treatment for patients
- Adoption referrals
- Post-abortion care
- Spanish speaking nurses and doctors
Will I need insurance?
While we do not charge for our services, the laboratories and facilities we contract with do not provide their services free of charge. If you do not have insurance, we can still help you.
Why do I need an ultrasound?
An ultrasound shows:
- The viability of the pregnancy based on a detectable heartbeat
- How far along you are in your pregnancy (the gestational age)
- The exact location of the pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy is when the fertilized egg has implanted outside the uterus, which could be dangerous to your health.
What if I have an STD/STI?
Women should regularly test for STDs and STIs. Pregnant women should prioritize STD testing and potential treatment, whether they are planning to continue their pregnancy or have an abortion because the STD could cause future infertility or serious infection.